If you’re looking forward to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Ghost Recon Online, and Ghost Recon Network, you now have one more thing to add to that list: Ghost Recon Alpha. A 25 minute live-action short film, Ghost Recon Alpha serves as a prequel of sorts to Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The four characters seen in the film are the same playable characters in Future Soldier, while the film itself takes place “…immediately before a key turning point in the video game’s storyline, a vicious attack against a major European city…” and in “…one of the multiplayer maps available in the adversarial mode of the video game.”
Watch the trailer:
Not only does the short film provide fans with a more in-depth look at Ghost Recon: Future Soldier’s story and characters, it provides players with a secret code, hidden in the movie, which unlocks an exclusive GR:FS weapon via Ghost Recon Network.
Ghost Recon Alpha premieres on G4TV, on Thursday, May 3rd, at 6:30pm. Ubisoft went all out staffing this production:
- Directed by Academy Award winners Hervé de Crécy and François Alaux (Logorama)
- Script written by Gregory Pruss and Academy Award nominee Tim Sexton (Children of Men)
- Shot by District 9 cinematographer Trent Opaloch
- Edited by two time Academy Award winner Pietro Scalia (JFK, Black Hawk Down)
- Sound effects and editing by two time Academy Award winner Per Hallberg (The Bourne Ultimatum, Braveheart)
- And more…
Projects like this can often be ridiculous, but it seems that Ubisoft has really put a lot of time, effort, and money into making a great tie-in film for the fans. You can download the high resolution film poster here, and keep your eyes on G4TV for the premiere this Thursday.